from a void space of my empty skull...

Friday, December 1, 2006

GOD - in You and Me.....

Coming, as I do, from an orthodox Hindu family, which has unwavering belief in GOD, I was influenced to believe in His existence. The religion I followed lead me to appreciate diversity, learn tolerance, respect fellow human beings and fostered high values and belief in my sub-conscious mind which will still continue to influence my thought process for years to come. I'm unable to fathom, how a religion creating noble thoughts in one mind would influence fratricide in another? God - Would you answer?

Increasing religious holocausts, surging fundamentalism & incessant fanaticism are clear symptoms of sabotaging religious beliefs by tampering virgin minds. Should the obfuscated "concept of religion(s)" be obliterated? or Should His existence - the fundamental bedrock of religion - be questioned?

His existence has always been a topic of debate, I do not want to broach and comment on a contentious issue that is beyond my comprehension. It would be appropriate to mention that, the medium(religion), created with the intent of propagating peace and thereby guide human spirits to accomplish higher objectives grossly fail in most aspects. Contemplating on this, I understand, would lead to futile discussions as it questions the efficacy of religion(s).

I may have not been bestowed with the opportunity to meet Him nor my mind is seeking its further abode, but I have been fortunate enough to meet HUMANS who by their deeds have created the magic of illuminating millions of souls. I have been blessed to meet HUMANS who have lifted millions from their wretched and abject penury. I have been privileged to meet HUMANS who have made a positive impact on millions of desolated and ravaged minds. In every walk of life, I witness sacrifices by parents, brothers, sisters, friends, teachers, students, husbands and wives, all made for the well-being of another soul. These Sacrifices made are selfless and voluntary, these sacrifices are not for Quid Pro Quo, and these sacrifices can NEVER be quantified and monetised.

The selfless love and sacrifices that are made for a fellow human being making the recipient better-off, is love, in its truest form. Being a staunch believer in Advaitham, I firmly assert, if every human(irrespective of his religion) imbibes the habit of sharing selfless love with fellow beings, the world would be a happier place.

GOD - may or may not be existent, no more would we search Him, no more would we debate on superiority of a religion. We shall find HIM in you and me through unbridled love we share with our fellow beings, and He exists in small yet big things called "Love".

No comments: